Savage Baby Conception to Birth!

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart"
Jeremiah 1:5







Psalm 139: 13-14

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Entering the 3rd Trimester!...Oh Boy!

Oh Boy is right...It's a BOY!! Isaiah Grant to be exact! We didn't watch the ultrasound and had the tech write down the gender and we revealed it later with our kids and cameras. It was fun to do it this way but now I feel like I missed out since I didn't watch the ultrasound. I also know that they have been wrong recently so I have a hint of doubt. (or maybe it's my overwhelming desire to have a girl!) I have a new ultrasound scheduled in a local town and I look forward to watching this time and seeing "the proof" with my own eyes!

I gotta admit I'm REALLY curious how I will get my Isabella! She's grown in my heart for 6 years so maybe she will continue to grow there and we will adopt? I can't just let it go. I ache for her. God's will be done!

For now my focus is on the baby in my belly. God has a destiny for this little man and I am honored to be his Mommy! I look forward to the adventures and challenges that await us with having 4 boys. 2 of them under 2. I found, what I hope to be, the perfect double stroller for us that is small enough to fit in my UK car's trunk. (that was challenge #1 already!)

The past 6 weeks has been interesting. A LOT has been going on. Jarod deployed to Afghanistan so it's been a bit tougher to run the house on my own. I have tons of support and several friends have stepped up to help with the kids at times. Someone also brought us a meal and another mowed my lawn. My kids are also doing great with their chores and helping around the house. Aiden and Micah also started school recently! It's been nice to be on a new schedule where we are all up and ready earlier and I can get stuff done before they get home so I can give them quality time.

A few weeks ago I was weighed at an appt and I've gained 29 pounds! Wow...I've never gained that much so fast! Luckily my midwife doesn't care since I'm healthy and not overweight to begin with. My body is starting to feel the effects of the weight so I need to be careful. Or maybe it's just me getting older! I've noticed I get more uncomfortable more quickly with each pregnancy. Thankfully it doesn't slow me down and I can still be active.

I am so exhausted at the end of the day that I have no trouble sleeping! The last time Jarod deployed I was drinking 2 glasses of wine before bed OR taking a sleeping pill. This time I've learned to cope without any of that...obviously it wouldn't be safe being pregnant. I appreciate this learning experience as I focus more on my faith and trusting God, than "numbing" or ignoring my feelings. I have certainly learned the meaning of "Let Go...Let God." Sure I get worrisome thoughts sometimes and I pray and let it go. I am mostly at peace. God is so good!

I look forward to this 3rd and final trimester! And by "final" I don't know if that means ever. I know, I know....I said WE ARE DONE! But...I just don't know now. I don't want to limit God's blessings. He's got Isabella out there somewhere! I also don't want to drive a bus and star in a reality show about our huge family! lol We'll just take it one baby at a time. :-)

-Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment