Savage Baby Conception to Birth!

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart"
Jeremiah 1:5







Psalm 139: 13-14

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 14- Hello 2nd Trimester!

Well, I've tried this great "belly band" to give me more options for clothes. The idea is to put on your regular shorts or pants, unzip farther as belly expands and put this stretchy band on top to conceal the unzipped part and hold your pants up. My problem is I can't get most of my pants over my butt! The ones I can get up are very tight and they want to move down as I sit and stand so the belly band isn't working well for me. Luckily some of my maternity clothes have just a small stretchy band around the waist and they fit already!

Another issue I've developed with this pregnancy is Allergies! I've never had allergies! It may just be Colorado but either way I was miserable for 7 weeks. Daily headaches, sinus pain/pressure, sore throat, post nasal drip etc... I finally made a Dr. appt. They said we'll try Zyrtec. It's as safe as Tylenol in pregnancy. 3 days after taking it I had no more sinus pain! At my appt. I found out I've gained 7 lbs!! The most I've ever gained in a 1st trimester! I also got to hear our baby's heartbeat. A strong 160 bpm. LOVE that sound!

I'm also seeing a massage therapist and chiropractor which helps with my migraines. I started having muscle spasms in my upper back so I saw my chiropractor. He discovered a rib out of place. Not sure how that happened but it explained the pain I was having. He fixed it and I've been good ever since!

I have whole days now without any nausea. Sometimes I get heartburn or gassy or I get a craving that I can't figure out and I can't satisfy it. No big deal. I don't feel like I have to eat something every hour so hopefully my weight gain will slow down now!

I'm craving more fruit now. Watermelon is my best friend! It's gotta be cold. It's so nice on a warm day! I also enjoy apples, pears and all the berries.

On base, here in CO, we only get an Attic fan which sucks in the cool air at night and then we shut the windows in the morning to keep in that cool air. Well...it feels nice in the morning but as the day heats up the house gets close to 80 degrees!I've been so hot that Jarod went to Home Depot and bought me an A/C window unit! Even though we'll only use it for about 1 month...it's 1 month that I will be a lot more comfortable!

I still feel like I could use a nap every afternoon but I don't feel drugged like I HAVE to sleep! So, energy is getting better. I've been able to do my Yoga DVD more and get more organizing/cleaning done to prepare for our move.

Jarod will be done with his summer program soon and will be able to be home with us! I'm really looking forward to having my partner/helpmate here more often! The next 2 months are going to be CRAZY! We will travel to see family for 23 days and then we'll have 3 weeks to get everything done for our move to England! At some point we will get an ultrasound to check on the baby and hopefully find out the gender!

I'm working on some pregnancy jokes so be looking for a good laugh with my next blog posting!

:)

Happy Times!
-Linda

2 comments:

  1. 160 BPM, huh? Can't wait to hear if it is indeed a girl in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. I am so sorry! I didn't know you were following me, but I am thrilled you are! I am now going to catch up on you and your babies!!! You haven't posted in a while. I assume having a 3rd is keeping you busy! Please update us!! <3
    Heather

    ReplyDelete