Savage Baby Conception to Birth!

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart"
Jeremiah 1:5







Psalm 139: 13-14

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Weeks 9-13 Finishing the 1st Trimester!!

This month has flown by! More symptoms I'm experiencing are weight gain, tight clothes- shoes are even tight!- new lumps in my thighs and butt. Yah cellulite!-Very dry skin on my body but oily on my face and scalp- Have to be careful when I cough, laugh or sneeze thanks to a leaky bladder- more cramping (growing, stretching uterus)- feeling emotional and weepy- dizzy spells- the heat outside makes me feel sick and faint- bigger, bloated looking belly-The gas has been monumental! I can clear a room!- migraines (an issue I had before pregnancy)- sciatic pain- Only threw up one time! A record for me!

Craving salty, spicy and carbs. (peanut butter, breads, bagels, french fries, banana peppers, prefer medium salsa instead of mild now, pot pies, chicken salad, pickles, sausage, bacon...and pears. I'm not sure where the pears craving came from!) I also have to eat a snack before bed so I don't feel hungry and queasy. Usually a toasted bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter. SO....that's why I've gained weight! I actually need to weigh myself to see my total weight now. I'm guessing 5 lbs.

Had to box up over half my wardrobe labeled (small pre-prego clothes). The Belly Band won't work because I can barely get them over my new larger butt! I had to get bigger underwear and bigger bras. I unboxed my maternity clothes and bought some new ones I found on sale. Some of the shorts and pants fit now! I'm using a rubber band on my non-maternity pants that are tight to close.

Week 10 I started feeling the ball of pressure low in my abdomen. Also had my first OB appt and got to see our angel on the ultrasound. The midwife let me record a video clip of the ultrasound so I could share it with family and especially Jarod since he couldn't be there. Very strong heartbeat! 168bpm. We are totally in love!! All of my annoying symptoms simply didn't matter at that point. It's SO worth it!

They calculated my due date to be Jan. 29 but after the ultrasound and measurements they changed it to Jan. 22.

Weeks 11-12 starting to get little bits of energy. Am working out to a DVD called "Yoga Booty Ballet...Baby on the Way", when I have the energy. I LOVE it! It completely focuses on the baby and it's specially designed for a pregnant body!

Week 13 I've noticed more days where I wasn't queasy all day. I've had more bouts of energy. I feel more "normal". Only my close friends can see my "little bump".

All in all it's been a typical 1st trimester. One I can look back at and laugh! I'm so glad it's over too! I'm ready to have more energy and get more done around the house as we prepare for vacations and our move overseas!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis! I love that you do this. It's as close as I can be to being there with you. I love you and take it easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeeet...I was looking forward to your next baby update! Love all the little details! When do we get to find out if baby is a he or she? Hugs and blessings! Love ya...Dar

    ReplyDelete